Monday, June 11, 2007

Transcript - Sometime between Sunday and Monday

Please read from the bottom up. That's the way the Community IM is set up! :)

# Glass : g'night Mr. Good.
# Dale Mugford : bye captain
# renatan : have a good night Matt
# Dave Mugford : ;) anyhow take care man!
# Dave Mugford : *though
# Dave Mugford : yes best to you too! i think we are suppose to walk our dogs tough?
# Matthew Good : anyway muggy number 2, I have to carry my now lame dog outside. Have sun in the Sahara. Best to your mom.
# Dave Mugford : wow was wondering if you would give me a ham of a joke
# Matthew Good : see, therein lies the distinction "human" rights.
# Dave Mugford : ummm i don't like your reality matt so i substitute my own in it's place.
# Dave Mugford : you lambasted me, harshly no doubt, odd for a human rights guy...
# Matthew Good : I didn't realize that they were referring to Mississauga as a desert now.
# Dave Mugford : hence i am lost, you follow me here what did you think was going to happen?
# Dave Mugford : no shit, i am in the desert man
# Dave Mugford : besides being in the desert truly is not all it has cracked up to be... I realize that now, but tell it to the next gentlement i see on a camel i will, i will hitch my first ride outta here
# Matthew Good : You have totally lost me
# Dave Mugford : and here you are rallying with me, but i've got the "smackdown"
# Dave Mugford : lamenting man, i am just letting it all go
# Matthew Good : Plus, you're in the desert. No one can see you.
# Matthew Good : It's okay to be less than good looking Dave. Seriously man, you just have to let all that hatred go.
# Dave Mugford : you masquerade as an angel, but your horns give you away man
# Matthew Good : But let's face facts. Your brother is just a better looking man. I'm sorry, but there it is.
# Matthew Good : It's not my fault man. I feel for you.
# Matthew Good : Now, now, David. Just because you're not her favourite, don't take it out on me.
# Dale Mugford : for sure. i had to make a facebook group for it.
# Dave Mugford : hey matt wipe your smerk off your face and put down that cigarate and drink... go to bed wake up and take those horns off...
# Dave Mugford : but now he confirmed it
# Dave Mugford : yeah shit i thought all this "i hear matt is an asshole talk" was just poking fun.
# Dale Mugford : they have that arms race everyday on Digg.
# Glass : It's the mac's man. They're like nukes. They get one, and then they think they can walk over anyone. Until they meet another mac user and then it's like a Mactacular arms race.
# Dale Mugford : And you thought you had a hard day before, eh dave?
# Matthew Good : It was you Fredo, I know it was you
# Matthew Good : actually her exact words were "I only have one son"
# Dave Mugford : damnit my own brother is bouncing that tune off my head
# Dave Mugford : see now that's plain rude man, i mean i meet you digitally for the first time and you pull the hes her favourite shit, ouch,
# Matthew Good : No, well, she told me that too Dale.
# Dale Mugford : Dave, you've always known that.
# munchkin : hi
# munchkin : hi
# Dale Mugford : Hello munchkin.
# Matthew Good : By the way, did I mention to you that Dale's her favourite?
# Dave Mugford : lets be cool about this.
# Dave Mugford : why do you have to do that, i hung up with my bro, she does not need to know about any of this, and she thinks i am at home, if you tell her i am in the middle of a desert with a macbook i think she might freak out man
# Matthew Good : I can't move the menu bar, and can't spell. But I'll tell you one thing...I'm calling your mom right now.
# Glass : Haha.
# Dave Mugford : it is my shaking hands
# Dave Mugford : shit hot sun, hot water, now matt's sad, and i screw up with grammar fuck
# Dave Mugford : i here i am in hot water now
# Dave Mugford : *love*
# Dave Mugford : able to the menu? read it over before you send it man
# Matthew Good : you're the one complaining about not being able to the menu, you're in the sahara, and on the phone with Dale who is giving you special powers to move it - I'm just saying...you\'re going to hell.
# Dave Mugford : ;)
# Dave Mugford : an angel amongst us all hail :p
# Matthew Good : well, I can't move the menu, and I designed the site. Yet I still call my mother.
# Dave Mugford : shit make it public thanks
# Matthew Good : so you canm call your brother from the sahara but you CAN'T call your ailing mother? You are so going to hell dude.
# Dale Mugford : the CIM: where shit flies fast.
# renatan : yeah that pause was welcomed
# Glass : Sorry. I'm still trying to catch my breath. Was laughing too hard.
# Dale Mugford : bump
# Dave Mugford : they have fed-ex out here, that shit is everywhere
# Matthew Good : hahahahahahahaha hahaaaa
# Matthew Good : hahahahahahahaha hahahaha
# Dave Mugford : (ps I can send you bifocals matt)
# Dave Mugford : call my mom? i'm in the sahara i don't have a phone, if i did, I would call her and tell her the menu is bullshit
# Matthew Good : no one can move the menu, that's the way we designed it
# Dave Mugford : im just as well sitting in sand i can't move a menu, what the hell can i do?
# Glass : Haha. Uh oh. Somebody's goin' to throw down.
# Matthew Good : tell him to hang up and call his mother
# Matthew Good : tell him to pound sand
# Dave Mugford : i don't like your menu power monger bullshit
# Dave Mugford : crap
# Dave Mugford : that is cra
# Dave Mugford : My menu won't move matt
# renatan : because it's entertaining us!
# renatan : hahaha
# Dale Mugford : good question
# Dave Mugford : this is bullshit
# Matthew Good : Why are we typing on this thing when I am currently watching you talk to your brother via video chat?
# Dale Mugford : yes...
# Matthew Good : can I ask you something?
# Dale Mugford : yeah
# Matthew Good : Dale?
# Dale Mugford : can't move the menu block, he said it's all bullshit.
# Matthew Good : so you';re the smart one then
# Dale Mugford : that's what set him off
# Glass : hahaha.
# Matthew Good : jesus
# Dale Mugford : he did
# Matthew Good : tell him to watch the fucking video man
# Dale Mugford : what do i tell him?
# Dale Mugford : he said he's a community guy, needs the community up there
# Matthew Good : hahahahahahahaha
# Dale Mugford : hahaha
# Dale Mugford : my brother's complaining he can't move the menu sidebar block...
# Glass : How much you want for it?
# Glass : Well, that just leaves one question...
# Matthew Good : or trade it in and get that much towards a new one
# Matthew Good : Ya, I could sell my Mac Book Pro right now for a few grand easy
# Dale Mugford : yeah
# Dale Mugford : 80-90%
# Matthew Good : less 15% maybe?
# Matthew Good : plus the resale value is like what dale?
# Glass : Haha. True enough I guess.
# Dale Mugford : haha
# Matthew Good : Some things in life have to come before food and gas
# Glass : Whichever one cheap corporations can get mailed en masse for as cheap as possible.
# Glass : Yeah. Where am I going to get all the money for that? I can barely afford food and gas.
# Matthew Good : which version of OSX though, Tiger?
# Dale Mugford : mmmmm Mac Pro double plus good.
# Matthew Good : four hard drives - 500 gigs each
# Glass : Haha. I'm hoping you were joking. Because I'm not. We got all our computers upgraded to OSX, but the company didn't bother to update the software (which doesn't run in OSX). So, in comes the computer tech with his magical solution: Emulation.
# Matthew Good : ramp it the max - 16 gigs
# Matthew Good : Time to get one of the new Intel Mac Towers
# Dale Mugford : ;)
# renatan : Eww
# Matthew Good : I just threw up in my mouth
# Matthew Good : that's scary as fuck
# Glass : Well, in my trade, we're still straddling the no-mans land between OS 9 and OSX. Emulators ahoy.
# Dale Mugford : had it for awhile with tiger
# Glass : Invert colours. Haha. Oh, they're going to hate me at the office tomorrow.
# Matthew Good : they have a function for everything my friend
# Glass : They have a function for that now?
# Glass : Jesus.
# Matthew Good : plus you have to put up with all that lame pixelated text - eeww
# Dale Mugford : On a Mac, choose Command+Option+C ontrol+8 to invert the screen colours : )
# Matthew Good : See, this is why PC's are a pain in the ass. When you dim the brightness on a mac is really alters the look. the other factor is that this is a massively content driven site. That would be like asking the New York Times site to have a dark version. They would never do it because when you read large bodies of text it's horrible for absorbing information as well as hell on your eyes
# renatan : they do
# Glass : Oh, they have it.
# Matthew Good : or don't Dell's have that
# Matthew Good : then you turn your screen brightness down
# Glass : Anyway, the reason I bring up the topic of user-chosen colour schemes - I hate looking at a white background in the middle of the night after driving home in the dark. Unless the website has an automatic feature to rollover to a night theme after a certain time, I like having the option of having a darker background with lighter text.
# Matthew Good : when it comes to amazing, yugop. com is considered by most to be the most cutting edge, but then again, I think flash is a dead issue, so
# Matthew Good : he's a developer, he developed Mint
# renatan : why is that you think ?
# Matthew Good : you should have seen his last site, it was amazing
# Glass : It's kind of like interior design.
# Matthew Good : in fact, there are a lot of sites out there that used to be very well designed but have turned into total crap
# Glass : Why would you do that, Matt? I just googled that site, and it damn near blinded me.
# Glass : Oh god.
# Matthew Good : and he's a fucking guru
# Matthew Good : but I mean, come one, even Shaun Inman's site looks horrible
# Matthew Good : I tried thata while back too, with Dave Kellam
# Dale Mugford : hahaha
# Matthew Good : but Muggy would kill me
# Matthew Good : colours
# Matthew Good : personally, I would nothing more to do a site that is just plain white text with default html
# Matthew Good : if I wanted to design it like this, then I never could understand having three other link colour options to choose from
# renatan : hahaha
# Matthew Good : no, I hate theme switching, it's gay
# Glass : Speaking of schemes though, have you ever considered user-defined schemes? Something like, you pre-design six or seven schemes and then let the use choose which they want?
# Dale Mugford : search the wbe for an updated one
# Dale Mugford : Chances are it's your color profile settings...
# Glass : Like I said. I'll look at it on my work comp tomorrow. Odds are it's just this comp.
# Matthew Good : Weird, I don't see how that could be seen as brown
# Glass : *pages being newspaper archives.
# Glass : Yeah. Looks the same pic vs. page. Maybe it's because I've been looking at old crusty pages through a camera lens all day long.
# Matthew Good : this is how it should look «link»
# renatan : the orange on the painting is brighter than the writing of the links
# Glass : Well, even so. The fact that I'm thinking it's brown means there probably something wrong. Likely on my end.
# renatan : well it's not bright orange though, it's toned down isn't it ?
# Glass : I'll try looking at it again on my work computer tomorrow. The one at work is calibrated to process digital photos, so if it looks brown there too, I know I'll need to get my eyes checked.
# Matthew Good : just sec
# Matthew Good : hmm
# Glass : It's, for the most part, still running factory default.
# Glass : I'm... not entirely sure.
# Matthew Good : is your display set to the highest rendering rate?
# Glass : I'm running firefox on a Dell, powered by a malnourished hamster.
# Matthew Good : and what are your monitor settings set at
# Matthew Good : what kind of browser/machine are you running
# renatan : I have to agree, those colour choice is smart
# Matthew Good : it's orange
# Matthew Good : in this context, blue would not have worked with the header nor the other thematic elements
# Glass : Or maybe I'm just colourblind.
# Glass : Orange? Okay... hold the phone for a second. On my monitor, it's coming out as a near-brown almost.
# Matthew Good : From a design standpoint, black, gray, and orange operate in the same combination field
# renatan : ok thanks
# Glass : Yeah. It's not people. It's just me.
# renatan : I am sorry it'a totally out of context
# Matthew Good : ya, go right ahead
# renatan : Matt, Is there a way I can use some of the pictures you have on your Flickr to do paintings with ??
# Matthew Good : yes
# Glass : Oh, as in the colour scheme?
# Matthew Good : I popped by because Dale was saying people had problems with the new link colour
# Matthew Good : others, like the one on the header, was done by someone in a set, and we just grabbed it. Open source rules
# renatan : oh Matt I had a question for you
# renatan : but that's really interesting
# renatan : I am no great web designer, I don't knwo anything about those things unfortunately
# Matthew Good : most of the small ones, like the one above, are used all over the place and are from famfamfam .com
# renatan : I see
# Matthew Good : so they float
# Glass : Well, I do most of my own clickables, but is usually uses a lot of my own photos and a copious amount of photoshopping.
# Matthew Good : Most of the buttons are from pro sites and then transfered into pixadex and then png'ed out
# renatan : that's my hand too
# renatan : yeah I don't like steeling icons on the internet ;)
# Glass : Cool. I was just thinking that, but I guess you had the same thought two years ago.
# renatan : yeah
# Glass : Hrmm. This is just a random though, but do you paint or pastel the images you use for buttons?
# renatan : yeah, paper, that'S what my life is all about
# renatan : it's already 2 years old
# Matthew Good : oh the whole thing is a piece of paper
# renatan : it needs an update I want it more exciting and professionnal
# renatan : www.melissabreau lt.ca
# Matthew Good : what is your url
# Matthew Good : they actually recently changed it, now it's a wood header and some pattern «link»
# renatan : I swear I did it first, people stole the idea from me, like in your song, people stole the side bar idea from you
# renatan : well, that's what's on mine anyway
# renatan : oh
# Matthew Good : the paper sidebar effect
# renatan : which effect are we talking about ?
# Glass : Unhh. I was wondering why the IM just lagged out.
# Matthew Good : actually, there are a lot of blogs that have used that effect
# renatan : Hi Matt!
# renatan : hehe
# renatan : yeah I wante dto do that for years but when I start a painting, I forget to stop and take pictures in the process!
# Matthew Good : last.fm has already beat you too that
# Glass : As well, I notice you don't have a section for works in progress. Not that you need one, but I love seeing a kind of step-by-step evolution of an artist's work.
# renatan : I want to put another piece or torn paper on the side and create a kind of side bar on the right that would always be there, wherever you go on the website
# renatan : yeah thats really great idea
# Glass : As well, if you have friends who are artists and have their own websites, you could have something like a "pals" section... or something.

No comments: