Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I sometimes hate having to come up with a title for my blog entries. I find that I will end up with something that's just a variation of what I might have already used in an earlier entry. At times like these, I just say "fuck it" and not put anything for a title.

That said, I figure I would continue on a slightly cynical and at times bitter angle today. Why is that? Oh, I suppose it's a combination of things. I don't know if I should go into great detail about them, but I guess I could say that some of these things involve work and men, but not necessarily at the same time.

Work
I have been trying to complete some testing since last week. While I was away on holiday, some HW was swapped. However, I don't think anyone did any testing of the new equipment. When I came back to work, I pretty much immediately had to start work on testing some software that was just delivered for testing. So I proceed to prepare the equipment and load software for testing.

I managed to get through the initial set of test cases with very few problems. Then, when it came to test calls, that's when the shit hit the fan. Calls worked one way, but not the other. Why? Thankfully, one of the guys was around to give me a hand with some troubleshooting. That was last Thursday. We are Wednesday. He managed to find something, but the fix he came up with is just a workaround. It wasn't guaranteed. As proof of that, this morning I tried to make a couple of test calls, but they failed. Something else is wrong. *sigh*

Men
Okay, so what is it with some men these days? Maybe it's just my take on it, but it seems that as men get older they seem to want to experiment more with certain things. Case in point: BDSM. TWICE, I have come across men who want to explore their submissive side. Now, how is it I managed to be so "lucky" to hit upon two men like this? They're both in their mid to late 30's. The first one wanted to dress up in a French maid outfit and have me boss him around. O.o The second one for now seems to just want to talk in a submissive manner but has not actually mentioned anything about an encounter. Needless to say, both have been blocked/banned on the IM. It makes me wonder if I have some sort of subliminal label on me that screams Dominatrix. I really don't know if I would look good in a leather catsuit. Mreow?
I just think that some of these guys are hitting some sort of mid-life and want to get some of this out of their system.

Aside from that, I had a nice chat with a couple of female friends at work. My one friend agrees with some of the views I have when it comes to trying to find a guy at our age. Men around our age seem to fall into one of two categories: a) if they were never married, then they would want to find someone (usually younger)they can start a family with, or b) if they were married then they want to find someone younger anyway. Lose-lose situation for us women in the 30's, for we are not nubile bambis in their 20's. :-p

So what's a mature gal to do to meet single men? Obviously, it's a big gamble to try the dating sites. Going to bars and clubs is out. Do you really want to meet the love of your life at a bar? Probably not. The suggestion made is to go out and take up new activities. *sigh* I guess. But what to do?

Anyway, while I mull over these so-called options, I've still got some work to do today. :-p

1 comment:

S.G. said...

Not sure about the leather catsuit....
Maybe vinyl nun?

Hahaha

Still not too sure about the whole 30's thing. Maybe I am just not at the particular point yet?

And if you figure out a great place to meet someone, please pass it on to me.