Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bleary-eyed and stuff

So another weekend has come and gone (almost).

Thursday, I thought I would be able to finish some stuff at work. But, nooooooo! There had to be some hiccups along the way. I suppose that this is what happens when you go away for 3 weeks. Not wanting to sound cocky or anything, but sometimes the guys just don't think about some things and the consequnces if some things are not done. Basically, I get to find out what the problems are and look into how to get them fix. And what does this result in? This results in my not being able to finish on Friday what I was suppose to do all week. What cheeses me off sometimes is when someone is working on one thing then has to go away, there's no handoff of the activity that he was working on. It gets stuck in limbo. No one has a clue as to what state things are in. And sometimes, the guy is not easily reachable. This sort of thing just makes my job that much more frustrating. I'm trying my best to be responsible and make sure things are done as properly as possible. I made sure that when I was gone that the guys knew how to handle certain requests. Anyway.. enough ranting.

This weekend has not been bad. Yesterday, I went to the Pig Roast hash. The run was out in St-Lazare. I made sure I had bug-repellant. I also packed with me a swimsuit and an extra pair of footwear. I didn't use the swimsuit, but the footwear came in quite handy! Part of the run took us through the woods and some rather muddy trails. Yuck! At some point, you just could not avoid it any more and had no choice but to just slog through it. Ugh! :p

Before heading over to the hash, I had gone over to Finnegan's market to hang out and spend some time with a few people. Many of the same vendors were still there. The lady who sold these ethiopian-vegetarian items was there. It was a really nice sunny day, so it was nice to walk around there a bit. I did end up buying a few items from that lady. Yummy! I also came away with two tomato plants courtesy of C. I gave her some issues of Canadian Gardening I was done with.

Today was a bit more lazy. Slept in a little. Got up and shopped for groceries. Found some trouble at MEC. Came home and had some lunch. Planted up the tomato plants and cleaned up the deck a bit. I think I need some new outdoor chairs. Worked on my online course a little bit. Perused the net some more. Made an online purchase. So uhm.. that's pretty much it. Not terribly exciting, is it?

No comments: