Thursday, July 19, 2007

Anxiety

Maybe it's just me and my nerves, but ever since this whole deal with my blood pressure, I've been feeling a bit more anxious at times. The meds seem to be doing it things, but I kinda freaked out a little last night when I felt a little tightening around my ribs. Maybe it's just the muscles, who knows. So today is day 2 on the meds. I haven't noticed too much in the way of any side effects. I do have a slight headache. I also feel more drowsy than usual. At times, I feel slightly more shaky.

I managed to ride my bike to work yesterday. Since it was also a relatively warm and muggy day, I tried not to over-exert myself. I managed alright. I am also trying very hard to make small adjustments to my diet. It will be tricky to remember not to eat certain things like chips, bacon and the like. Last night I heated up a Dr. Oetkers pizza. According to the box, one serving is 1/4 of the pizza. So that is what I ate, plus a salad. The rest, I bagged and threw into the fridge for another time. I *REALLY* have to keep an eye on portions too. I think I've gained about 5 pounds in the past month! I've just been an absolutely piggy lately! I don't know why. Maybe subconsciously I am comfort feeding. Who knows.

In any case, tickets for the Matthew Good show at Club Soda go on sale today at noon. At least that's what the newspaper says. So let's see how many tickets I can get.

1 comment:

S.G. said...

Sorry to hear about all of this stuff.

If you are taking bp meds they will make you a bit shakier and can make you drowsy also. But from what I have been told, it does get easier to manage after a bit of time on them. Not sure but it seems like your body needs some time to adjust to the new chemicals.

It does get easier.