Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wooziness

I think I am starting to feel some of the effects of the new meds. Some of my muscles are a little bit achy. I feel slightly dizzy some times. A little bit of drowsiness. But other than that, I feel for the most part alright.

I'm going to give meditation a bit of a go. I'll start off with 15 minute sessions in the morning and in the evening. I might look into checking out the yoga class they have here at work. As well, since insurance covers it, I might look into massage therapy. I'm starting to believe that some underlying stress as well as some anxiety about this condition has been bugging me.

My BP this morning was 122/84. Not terribly bad, I guess. I didn't take it right after I woke up, so it might have been lower.

Meanwhile, I am trying to eat more heart and BP healthy. Last night, I made a batch of black beans and rice. It came out alright. The only salt was from the beans (canned) and the vegetable broth. I tried to rinse the beans as much as possible. As for the brother, I diluted it by substituting a portion of it with water.

This morning, I cycled into work. It's not a horrendously long ride, but I didn't try to over-exert myself either. I didn't feel any more tired than usual when I last rode. However, with the muscle aches, it did feel like I required more effort to pedal.

This is day 5 on the Indapamide.

No comments: