Monday, July 23, 2007

Day Six

So I sucked it up and went to the Hash yesterday. I think that was the wide decision. Even though we had to entire stop and go traffic that essentially doubled our drive time up, the weather was great and it was fun. :-)

The walkers had a choice of following the trail and taking an easier route along the street that goes around the lake. I opted for the easier walk. In the end it was still a good 1.5 hr walk out and back.

Today, being a Monday, something just had to happen at work. The HD on my laptop finally gave me the finger. It finally gave me the message saying that hard-drive failure imminent. I thought that was rather amusing actually. In any case, I gave the IT Helpdesk a call around 1PM to report the problem. They said it would be a relatively high severity since I cannot do any work. Two hours later, no call. So I called again. The guy this time said would put the call in again. About a half hour later, I get a call from another person saying they need the serial number. I said I gave it to the guy. The girl at the other end said it was short a digit. So I had to flip the laptop over again to give her the number. The guy who took down the S/N was a dumbass. :p In any case, the girl said someone will call in the morning to get the HD changed. Great.

Anyway, the saga of my laptop will continue. I know it will be a long week as I have to get some testing done by early next week. Yeah, this ought to do my blood pressure some real good! ;-)

No comments: