Monday, July 09, 2007

Red Dress Weekend Recap

End of Week 27, Start of Week 28

So the weekend started off with me heading downtown to meet up with some of the hashers for a bite to eat and to check out the sights and sounds of the Jazz Festival. I think in all about 10 of us showed up. Only 6 of us stuck around the restaurant to eat. I really haven't gone out to eat much lately, so I was taken slightly aback at the the prices on the menu. In any case, I figure I'd stick with something "light" since I had a big lunch. I got a salad which came with this big, grilled piece of chicken breast. The salad was pretty good but it was just huge!

After eating, we made our way down to the outdoor venue for the Jazz Festival. A couple of the Hashers were already down there. We knew what stage they were at, so that's where we headed for. We didn't find them immediately, but we did enjoy the last few minutes of the act performing. I believe the performer was Ryan Shaw. Pretty good stuff! After his set was over and people started to disperse, we found our other cohorts. We chatted a bit and took a few pics. Some of them wanted to grab a beer. So we just hung out for a little while. Around 10:30PM, I wanted to head back since I wanted to get some sleep before the next day's Red Dress Run. However, on the way to the metro station I did stop by a souvenir kiosk. After perusing their wares, I came away with a t-shirt and a key chain. The damage wasn't that bad! :)

Saturday: Red Dress Run. I had a couple of errands to run in the morning. Then I headed off downtown. When I came out of the metro I noticed that they closed off one of the main streets. Also, on the way in I saw a few colorfully costumes people. Uh-oh! It's the Cari-Fete parade! D'oh! I suspect that some people will be late getting in because there would be some traffic. I had noticed that there was quite a bit of traffic on the inbound Decarie Expressway. With the parade, some of the streets will be closed off. In any case, I made my way to Hurley's. I was a little bit early, so I figure it might be a good idea to have a small bite to eat. So I ordered some fries and a half-pint of Harp.

Eventually, people started to show up but it was a bit after 1PM. I think by the time everyone who was going to show up showed up, it was almost 1PM. The bagpiper at least made it more or less on time. In any case, pics from this weekend can be seen on my flickr page (see right side).

Sunday: Hangover Hash. Well, I was pretty wiped from all the walking on Saturday. I think not long after my head hit the pillow that I was out like a light. I don't remember what time I got up, but I was still pretty tired. The weather outside was a bit wet, but the forecast was updated to say that there would be sunny breaks in the afternoon. Okay, I guess will go to the Hash today. So I hitched a ride with a couple of people to head out to Kirkland. It was going to be a live hare hash. That meant the hares were given a head start to lay the trail. Sinner Bad needed some help with some stuff and we were going to have a beer stop somewhere. So off we go to get some beer cups and look for the place for the beer stop.

After the beer stop it was pretty much a straight shot back to the starting point. Then it was the circle, beer, food and the pool!

Anyway, it was a pretty busy and tiring weekend. :)

No comments: