Sunday, October 28, 2007

Eek!!!

Okay, so there were a couple of places that had an Open House today. I figure it wouldn't hurt to at least check them out. Besides, they were right around the corner from me.

The first place I went to wasn't bad. It was cozy. The kitchen cabinets could do with a bit of an update. The carpeting on the main floor would have to go and be replaced with hardwood floors. The bedrooms on the 2nd floor are not bad. There were a couple of Chinese guys there commenting on the small size of the rooms. I'm like "DUH!". If they had any clue about the homes in the area, they should already have a idea about the size of the rooms. Sheesh. The basement seems to be half finished. The asking price is $359,000. Considering the work I would want to have done on it, I'd probably knock about $15,000 from that price.

There were also a few young couples looking around as well. I don't know how serious some of them are. I might end up having to take out a line of credit if I were to buy this place and fix it up.

The other place I checked out was just a few doors down in the same row of townhouses. It's a corner unit. It's cute. The layout is different. It doesn't have a mezzanine level though. It's cozy, but it doesn't feel as big for some reason. Anyway, the asking price for this property is $439,000. It's a bit more than what I can afford.

Meanwhile, at the first home, I was talking to the agent there. I told her I lived around the corner. I don't have any fixed dates for moving. It was pretty much a situation where if things fall into place, then it could happen. She offered to do an assessment of my place. So we set up an appointment for Friday evening. :-o I guess we'll see. If something does happen, I don't want to have to move until at least the spring. Winter moves are a hug pain in the arse; especially if there's snow and shite. :-p

I guess we'll see.

No comments: