Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Morning

I know. It's been a few days since I posted anything interesting here.

Thursday, my group at work had an outing. The outing was a trip up north to bike ride and barbecue. I really didn't want to go all the way up there. I think some of the other women didn't feel like going up either. We told our team leader that we were on strike with regards to the outing. But X went. She was our sole representative up there. :-) In any case, we did have some work to do in the morning. Then three of us went out to lunch together. We gossiped a bit and compared notes with regards to work and all. We had fun. We don't always find the time to get together like that and talk. Even after we got back to the office we continued to talk and gossip for at least another hour. Since just about everyone else had gone on the outing it was pretty quiet.

I almost didn't want to go to my cardio workout that evening, but I made myself go. In the end, you do feel satisfied that you went. I was a little tired and sore, but I fel good that did go and managed to accomplish something.

Friday, not much was going on. I had some stuff to work on in the morning. Some software requests in the afternoon. Otherwise, it wasn't overly busy. After work, I needed to go to RONA to look for replacement halogen bulbs for my desk lamp. The small light bulb section at the supermarket didn't carry them. I found my halogen bulbs. Afterwards, I went over to Future Shop. Yes, I know. I was just looking for trouble there. For whatever reason, I was thinking about the Wii. A friend had mentioned the Wii Fit to me. I checked it out. It looks quite interesting. Unfortunately, it won't be released in North America until sometime in 2008. However, it will be released in Japan during the week that I am there. Hmm.. Well, in the end I did not get the Wii. However, I did end up getting the 8x6 Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet. I want to use it with my Flash app and most likely the other apps in the future as well.

Yesteday, after my cardio workout, I did some decluttering of my workspace. I cleared off enough space on my desk to place the Wacom. It's kinda neat. I can see why now how anything smaller just isn't very practical for doing anything significant. I had also checked out on the web the other sizes and models of the Wacom. They're not cheap, the more "pro" models of the tablet. :p

Anyway, I have a few things I would like to do today. So I should try and get that under way.

No comments: