Sunday, October 14, 2007

Upcoming Trip

Well, this year I had decided to make use of the vacation days I've accumulated. I currently get 4 weeks of vacation each year. For some reason, I still have some extra days accumulated from previous years. As a result, I had about 6.5 weeks of vacation before I decided on my trip to Italy. Italy only used up about 3 weeks. So what to do with the remaining days? Well, I've got another trip coming up. I'll be heading off to the Far East again. This time, I will be visiting, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo (yes, again).

I'll be taking off in about a month's time to Hong Kong where I will spend a week and a half with my brother and my parents. We're actually going to meet and take the same flight out of ORD to HKG. I have never flown with my folks, so this might prove to be an interesting adventure. In fact, it's been YEARS since I've gone on any trip with my folks. Oh boy.

After HKG, my bro and folks will be heading home. I, on the other hand, will continue on to Shanghai, where my friend A lives and works. I need to bitch slap him a few times. It seems that he's getting a little out of control there.

Next stop, Tokyo. My old buddy W is getting married. I happen to be there the week before he takes off to Hawaii with his lovely fiancee where they will marry. In fact they are flying the day after I leave. I should take them out to a nice place somewhere in Tokyo to toast and celebrate their impending nuptials.

I need to figure out what I need to do before I leave. For sure I will need to get a Visa for China. I'm not sure how much that will set me back, but I can't afford to take a day off just to go to Ottawa for this. I will probably call the visa person they use at work.

Anyway..

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds awesome!