Thursday, October 11, 2007

Long Awaited Update

Yes. I know that some of you have been wondering what's been happening over the long weekend. Some of you know that I went to the Matthew Good concert. Some of you know I entertained a guest over the long weekend. So let's start with where we left off, which was some time Friday.

I passed on the pub crawl Friday night because I wanted to do some last minute tidying up and hopefully, get to bed early as I had to go to the airport early to pick up my guest. Well, at least I accomplished one of the two. %-p A friend called me up around 8:30PM asking where I was. I told him. I also asked if he wanted to come over Monday night for ribs. He hesitated and mentioned something about class and labs. I reminded him that Monday was a holiday. "In that case, yeah, I think I should be able to make it!" Hehe!

Also, I was chatting with a couple of friends with whom I plan on having dim sum on Saturday. I told them about my guest. Then they bombarded me with 20 guestions! This is all due to the fact that I had not met G in person. We had only been chatting online for the past 6+ months on the Matthew Good Community IM. As with a few other people on the CIM, I've gotten to know him well enough that I think I can trust him. I reassured them that he was a nice guy and that he was coming over to visit because he's never been to Montreal and to catch the Matthew Good show.

Saturday:
I got up early, a bit bleary-eyed and tired, but I got up. Actually, I think BS woke me up. :p I checked on the progress of the flight. It looked like it might be late in arriving. I got myself ready and kept checking the status of the flight. The flight is suppose to land around 7:10AM but the flight tracker indicated it would land around 7:25AM. I think I headed out to the airport a little before 7AM.

I managed to get there a little after 7 and found a parking spot in the short-term lot. It took some manoeuvering but I managed. I went in to domestic arrivals. I scanned the crowd. A few minutes later, I see him standing there. The rainbow-colored luggage strap certainly helped to ID him. :D So off we go back to my place. Since it was a red-eye flight, G was pretty knackered. Since it was still pretty early and we didn't need to head into Chinatown just yet for dim sum, I let him rest a while. Meanwhile, I went over to the butcher shop to buy some baby back ribs. I wiped them out of the 4 racks of ribs they had in the case. :)

I think G napped for about an hour or so before I suggested we get moving. We met up with my friends at the restaurant. We waited a little while for a table. My friends got to know G a bit. We finally get our table, sat and ate. Afterwards, we all ended up heading towards downtown just to wander a bit. At some point my friends decided to head home. I suggested to G that maybe we could head over to Hurley's for a pint before heading back to my place. That evening we just took it easy and watched a movie.

Sunday:
The weather was a bit better today. G had mentioned he wanted to check out the Old Port and Vieux Montreal. So after we had something to eat we headed down there. We went to the archeological museum Point-A-Calliere. There was an exhibit on native American items. We also saw the ruins of what was there since the area was first settled. It was interesting. Afterwards, we headed off in the direction of Hurley's for their Sunday prime rib dinner special. Along the way, G snapped away at the interesting architecture. I suppose there's more interesting things to snap at in an older city than there are back in Calgary.

Monday:
In the morning, we went to the supermarket to pick up a few last minute items for the dinner that evening. M and her friend B along with my friend J were coming over for a dinner of ribs! Yumm!

M and B arrived a little before 5. We had some wine and cheese and some other nibbles. J arrived a little later. I was waiting for some chicken to be done before serving.

The ribs were really tasty. I brought out some hot sauces because someone asked. M found it just a tad too spicy! The dry-rub on the ribs were spicy enough. The extra sauce just made it that much more spicy! :)

The rest of the evening was quite fun. M had fun wearing a set of accessories I have. I think there's photographic evidence somewhere. I don't know if it will ever get posted somewhere. In any case, no one got hurt in the process!!! ;-)

Of course, this all ended fairly late. Sometime after 11PM %-) Of course, I have to work the next day! Ack!

(to be continued)

No comments: