Thursday, October 11, 2007

Long Awaited Update (continued)

So where was I? Ah!! Tuesday...

Tuesday:
Day of the Matthew Good show at Club Soda. I still have to go to work. G will be getting together with N during the day. The other night, I suggested that G go up Mount Royal. M chimed in that she wanted to do that to, but a friend she was going to go with couldn't. So the two of them arranged to go together. Along the way, they stopped at Schwartz's for some smoked meat sandwiches.

I decided to drive downtown. I figure that Matt will play at least a 2 hour set. If we wait for him to come out to sign stuff and have pics taken then that would take us beyond when the last metro would be. I didn't want to take that chance so I drove in and parked at Complexe Desjardins.

I met up with G and M. As we walked over to the venue to look for B, we bump into P. P wanted one of the extra tickets I had. I mentioned she should look for the red moose hat. M just happened to be wearing it when we were waiting at a corner for the light to change. P came up to her and asked if she were me. :) So our happy little group became 5 after we met up with B. :)

While we waited a bit in line, P mentioned the VIP card you can get from Club Soda. Apparently it was really easy to just go in and say you're there to pick up the card. They guy would just get a card and write your name on the back of it. Voila! It would allow us to get in about half hour before everyone else. This was a good thing because it let us scout out the place first. We also got to buy some swag before the crowds got there.

Anyway, the doors open. We go in. G and I head over to the side where there are tables and bar stools. We check out our gear. The security guy checks us out. He starts to wonder then gets this producer dude. Long story short, we can only take pics during the first 2 songs and no video. DAMN! In any case, I guess we were lucky because the security guys were stopping everyone else from taking pics. :p

Overall, I think it was a pretty good crowd. There wasn't much in the way of extraneous noise during the performance. Matt's banter between songs was quite humourous. He asked for a martini since there was a guy going around the crowd for drink orders. Eventually, he got something that resembled a martini. Don't think it was very good though.

After the show, we headed over to where the tour bus was. We all waited in line to get our pics taken and to have our stuff signed. I was the first one in our little group to go in. I asked Matt if he'd wear the moose hat. He said no but I had him sign it and the bag I got. G took a pic of me with Matt. G also took a pic of M and Matt. :-)

G didn't go meet Matt and have his pic taken with us. We convinced him that he should and we got back in line. M took a pic of G and Matt with her camera. :)

Finally, it was time to head back. M came back with us to the car because she left her jacket there. G and I headed back. I wasn't sure which on ramps were open at that hour so I took Sherbrooke all the way to Decarie. By the time I got home and hit my head on the pillow it was nearly 2AM.

Wednesday:
Work day. G flies back to Calgary.

Today:

Work. Workout. Chill... :-)

No comments: