Saturday, October 11, 2008

Long weekend

Well, it's the start of the long weekend. I thought it'd never get here. This week has been long enough as it is. If anything the week ended in a rather downer of a note. I was hoping that something at work would come through so that I'd have something to start on next week. However, it seems that it was decided that this work would go else where. This means that I'd have to hunt around for some other project to work on. This is what has been frustrating me as of late. It's frustrating me to the point where the stress levels are at an all time high. It's to the point where I think it's affecting me physically. I'm hoping that this weekend I can find enough distraction to keep my mind off of work.

As for possible distractions, I am hosting a pot luck dinner Sunday for a bunch of friend both from work and outside of work. I plan on making some dry-rub ribs. I also picked up some herbed potato salad as a side. While I was at the butcher they also happened to have a babka in the small baked goods section. I should mention that this place, Salamico, is a European butcher/deli sort of place. It's not far from my place, so it's quite convenient if you want to pick up a nice piece of meat to throw on the grill after work. I noticed that they started to carry organic chicken. I'll have to check that out another time.

Tomorrow, I hope to get some cleaning done in the morning as I might go out in the afternoon to do some photography. I think it's been ages since I went out anywhere with the specific goal of taking some photos. Being that it's fall it's possible that there might be some colorful foliage and landscape worth taking photos of. I guess we'll see about that.

Anyway, I ought to get to bed and get some sleep. I'm pretty exhausted now.

2 comments:

Phaedra said...

I hope you can find some time to give yourself some self care, like an aromatherapy bath, complete with candles and a glass of wine. it does the body wonders of good.

boobookitty said...

Yeah, I really should. I have a very under-utilized tub begging to be used. I might pass on the wine as it will probably put me to sleep!