Thursday, October 02, 2008

Perchance to Sleep

Last night I went to bed thinking that for once I will get a full night's sleep since the cats were both at the vet. Nope. It wasn't going to happen. For whatever reason I woke up at 3:30AM. I'm not entirely sure what caused me to wake up like that. I didn't have any coffee in the late afternoon. In any case, I tried to fall back asleep. I think I did, eventually.

Lately I've been wondering what's causing me so little sleep. I suppose that going to bed late and getting up early doesn't help. I could try to change that. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't the little stresses in my life starting to add up. I won't go into too much detail here but I think I have not had too many good night's sleep in over 2 years.

If anything, I really don't want to turn towards various sleep aids to make myself sleep. For now, if I am ready to sleep, I will just sleep. Of course, it's hard to do that while you're at work. But at home, I will stop letting myself get distracted and go to bed when I am tired and my eyes want to close.

Let's see how that works.

No comments: