Monday, October 13, 2008

Up Too Early

Ugh!!!

My mobile started to buzz around 4:50AM. I answer. The caller was asking for Paul. I told him he's got the wrong number. He said he called the main number at work and it gave him an extension. I told him he probably accidentally dialled my extension (a difference of one digit). Ooops.

So NOW that I am up, I figure I'd write a bit. About what I haven't any idea, but I figure I'd write. Sometimes it helps me clear my head. Sometimes it's to release some verbal diarrhea.

Last night I had some friends over for a Thanksgiving pot luck dinner. I made baby back ribs slow cooked in a dry rub. Melissa and Dan came over early to prepare some mussels and a couple of ducks. Another friend came over with a lasagna that needed some reheating. Someone brought over a nice Lebanese rice dish and some stuffed grape leaves that his mother prepared. There was some focaccia, herbed potato salad, an assortment of cheeses and plenty of drink. For dessert there was some canoli, a yummy pumpkin pie and an orange babka. Cleanup afterward wasn't too bad. Everyone lent a hand. Much of the dishes made it into the dishwasher. Some items which I could not clean immediately but did not want the cats to get into were put into the oven. This morning, I managed to wash all of the wine glasses before relenting to the demands of the cats.

I think I should go back to bed now... :-p

No comments: