Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Weirdness

I haven't written much here as of late. In fact, I really don't know what I want to write some times. I find that I might have an idea in my head while I am walking or driving somewhere, but I never get around to writing it down. As a result, these thoughts get lost.

Lately, I have been feeling a bit off. I'm not entirely sure in what way, but I think it could be a combination of things. I think to some degree there's a certain amount of stress involved. I won't go into details here where the source of some of my stress is coming from. There is also a certain amount of anxiety thrown into the fray. On top of all this, I think anemia might have a hand in all this too.

The other week I had my follow-up with my doc for my annual physical. My test results came back normal for the most part. The only thing that was of concern were signs of what could be anemia. I have an appointment next month for another blood test. In the meantime, I am trying to get back onto a more healthy diet. I'm trying to consume more leafy green matter. It's not always easy especially when you're cooking for just one. I can only handle so many leftovers. Given that I like to cook when the mood strikes, this could potentially lead to a lot of leftovers. :-p

Elsewhere... I finally got around to sending in a request for an absentee ballot. For the first time, I will (hopefully) be casting a vote in the U.S. Presidential election this year. I had missed out in at least the past 3 or 4 elections. The first time I was able to vote in a presidential election, I didn't. And I still can't remember why. After that, I did not vote in subsequent elections because I was just too lazy to look into getting an absentee ballot. Well, not this year. I do hope I get that absentee ballot.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I hope you do get one! I hope I hope I hope! Vote "that one!" YEAH!

Phaedra said...

Leafy greens, especially spinach will help. Folic acid and iron are also good supplements to add to your diet. I've been anemic most of my life.

boobookitty said...

Jess - I hope so too! Sis told me they got a letter saying the disenrolled me. I asked her to give them a call to find out what that really means.

Phaedra - Thanks! I've been trying to improve things with multi-vitamin supplements. Got a bag a baby spinach when I did groceries. Will probably throw some into a pasta sauce.