Monday, March 26, 2007

Alt/Indie/Rock

I've been updating my iTunes with some stuff recently... Dinosaur Jr., Modest Mouse, Tom Waits, The Replacements. I guess to some degree I am rediscovering alternative/indie/rock. Coincidentally, Dinosaur Jr and Modest Mouse have shows coming up here in Montreal. Should I buy tickets? Or should I wait until I find someone to go with? I dunno.

The weekend wasn't too bad. I caught up on a few things Saturday. And during the course of some IM'ing with a friend from work, got invited to join him and a few friends for sushi. Yum!! I hadn't had sushi for a while. The place we went to is suppose to be one of the nicer sushi places. I ordered a few standbys plus one of the house specials. Well, in the end my bill came close to 3 digits before tip! Ouch! I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, but I just didn't pay attention. Anyway, I was REALLY stuffed in the end.

I could have gone to the Hash on Sunday, but since I had a pretty late Saturday (we went to Starbucks after dinner), I sorta slept in and was still rather tired. I think I will try to make it to this weekend's Hash.

Otherwise, nothing too exciting...

Oh yeah, well, there was the election today.. The current results seem to indicate a minority government with the Liberals in charge. The race is still very tight. I guess we'll know in the morning when the dust settles.

No comments: