Thursday, March 29, 2007

Untitled

Sometimes I don't feel like coming up with a title for an entry. I know I don't need to have one, but at times you feel that you need to put something meaningful there. So tonight, I am just going to leave it untitled. I just can't be bothered tonight.

So what's new and exciting in my world? Uhm, I'm afraid not much really. I had my Mandarin class tonight. I talked to my friend that I take the class with. I seriously think (and another friend agrees) that he's going through a mid-life crisis. And without going into too many details, I think he knows it himself. Anyway, he's gone ahead and signed up for some charity organization that sends people out to the Ukraine to help the homeless and the needy. His trip is planned for June. He said that he had always want to do something like this. Aside from that he also is taking a course on religion. He assured me it wasn't an attempt to recruit people.

If it means anything, he's also in his late 30's He's divorced and had been travelling a lot for work for the past few years. Only recently has he actually stayed in town for more than a few weeks. His new role does not have him travelling as much now. I think he's at a loss as to what to do next in his life. That would explain him getting involved with stuff to fill up the time. Not too different from what I have been doing.

My other friend (who agreed with the above diagnosis) is currently living on the other side of the world. He's also in his 30's but slightly younger. He's also single. We have some rather frank discussions about stuff. He's currently on some secret 6 month plan. He can't tell me anything about it until it's over. I guess if I do make it out there in November he will have to tell me just what the f* he's been doing. I have some idea, but I won't jeopardize things by mentioning my theories here.

In the meantime, I think I'll just continued to coast along. See if anything interesting happens along.

No comments: