Thursday, March 15, 2007

Busy Bee

It's been a somewhat busy week.

I booked my vacation. I have stuff to test at work. I have my classes. I had to hunt down "cheap" airfares.

The testing at work went well yesterday. Today, on the other hand, was a bit of a disaster. :-p I managed to do a few things in the morning, but when it came time to execute a simple test call, nothing worked! :-p I checked the usual stuff, nothing. Then I submitted a trouble ticket to have the problem looked into. One of the guys called and left a message at lunch time. I called back and he said to call him when I went back to the test plant. I said, okay, in 10 minutes. When I did call him back he wasn't at his desk. I waited a little bit. After about 15-20 minutes, I tried his desk again. No answer. Then I tried his mobile. He's in a fscking meeting! He asked me to get in touch with another guy! So I called the other guy. He was busy (also overloaded) with other stuff but would try to get back to me in half an hour.

In the meantime, one of the guys in my group came down to see if he could help out. He did some tracings. I attempted to make some test calls. Then the other guy finally came by. He still had other problems to work on. Then another guy from my group came down to give a hand. More tracing was done. We're sort of managed to narrow things down a bit, but not 100% sure what the problem is. I reload the software in the node on the theory that some configuration was changed somewhere. Nope, that didn't do it. By now it was 5PM, but we managed to point a finger at the suspect component. We'll have to wait until morning for someone to look at it.

It was not a very productive afternoon workwise, BUT, I did manage to book my flight for Rome! :-D

Elsewhere, there was an article posted by Samar Mazloum on the Matthew Good site. In one of the comments there was a quote from the Joy Luck Club:

“Losing him does not matter. It is YOU who will be found, and cherished.”

It's something I will need to keep in mind.

Tomorrow: St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl. Wish me luck!

No comments: