Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Life on the 'Net

I find it incredible how there seems to be a parallel universe of sorts. I'm talking about the Internet: the virtual world that many of us partake in.

I think those of us who have been on the 'Net for any length of time should be savvy enough to know how things work. It's still a bit the wild, wild west out there. You have to be careful where and how you tread.

For those who have made themselves a name and a presence on the Internet know that with the recognition there would be both detractors and admirers. They have to deal with both kinds of people.

I think that one very good and recent example is Matthew Good. He's been an active Netizen for a number of years. This past weekend he launched his newly redesigned website. As well, he made a couple of entries on his blog. One entry referenced the recent launch of a blog by his ex. Needless to say, given what the public knows of the whole affair, all sorts of backlash was unleashed on the woman. Now, I certainly don't condone this sort of behavior, yet I don't think it was entirely unexpected.

I think that after at least a day or two of really nasty comments being posted on her blog, the website was taken down.

Well, not wanting to rehash the whole story, you can go check it out yourself (see links on the right). I'm quite proud of the fact that Matthew Good has managed to keep himself composed throughout this whole sordid affair. His comment to David Gratton demonstrates this. Taking the high road is the way to go. No need to stoop down to the level of some people.

----

Meanwhile, I've been on a sort of 80's music kick tonight. I went through all the stuff i had in iTunes and came up with a playlist with just over 4 hours of music. :)

No comments: