Monday, March 19, 2007

Flurries

That's what I see outside my window at work at the moment. I don't exactly have a nice view of anything. In fact, I have a view of the roof. Just lovely. But at least I can see what the weather is like out there!

Yes, I survived the pub crawl Friday evening. Well, it did help that I did not have more than 2 pints of anything the entire evening. I do know my limits. Even after the 2 pints, I did start to feel a bit woozy at the 4th pub where I had just a coke. :-p I guess walking around after downing the pints goes straight to your head. I really needed some air otherwise I probably would have lost it. I had wanted to do half pints, but at the first place (which was actually the 2nd because we were late), they accidentally poured me a full pint. At the next place, they just didn't do half pints, so I had a full pint of Guinness there. After that it was Coke, water, then nothing. I think I started to head home around 11PM. I know. It's not terribly late, but I wasn't going to drink much more and I was planning to drive home (car was at work).

And the rest of the weekend? Well, I was a total slacker. I did next to nothing. I did not go out anywhere. I also realized yesterday that there wasn't much I needed from the supermarket either, so I did not need to get any groceries. Scary, huh? I did at least take care of some usual household chores like laundry. I finally cleaned the Roomba. I have been very neglectful of it. And it did need a bit of a cleaning! :-p

Yes, my life is just chock full of excitement! I suppose to compensate for that, I am looking forward to my trip in May.

In the meantime, I have been listening to some other stuff. I've been listening to The Decemberists. They sound a little like They Might Be giants. Not bad. I've also been listening to some other stuff that I've collected recently, like Dinosaur Jr. I've also been listening to The Frames being that it was just St. Patrick's Day and all. Not a bad band. They're suppose to play here in Montreal some time in April. I wonder if I can interest someone in going to see them with me. I'd like to try to catch the occasional show from time to time.

I am so overdue for a trim. I called the salon for an appointment. Apparently, my hairdresser just got back from vacation. I wanted a Saturday morning appointment. The first available Saturday isn't until April 7th. Oh well. I've already waited this long. I last had my hair done in September!!! :-p I think my hair has grown about 4 inches. The grays are really rearing their ugly heads. I'm also starting to get these short hairs growing out. Not a total disaster, but I need to try to get things tamed back.

So aside from the usual mundanity that is my life, work has been somewhat uneventful. I wrote up a test report this morning. Helped out someone with an issue they had. I have to coordinate getting some equipment to finish up a test case. Waiting to see if I could possible get the equipment after 5PM today. Maybe not. Eh. Nothing too exciting. :-p

No comments: