Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's Saturday Night

And I am sitting at home. Well, I did have a few things I wanted to get done, but that's besides the point.

I did manage to get up early enough and pedal for about 45 minutes. I hadn't pedaled in about 2 months, so this was way overdue. I did it while watching a Pixies DVD. I think it's better than just listening to music. It's a visual distraction. Anyway, let's see if I can get up early enough tomorrow morning and pedal again.

Vegetarian Chili

I went to the supermarket to get ingredients for vegetarian chili. I wasn't sure just how much the recipe was going to make. I ended buying 2 cans of everything needed. In the end, I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes, one can each of red kediney beans, black beans, chick peas, and white kidney beans. The recipe called for 15 oz. cans, but the ones I bought were 19 oz. I guess it all added up. I tweaked the recipe a little bit as well. Instead of worcestershire sauce, I added traditional chili seasonings like ground cumin and oregano. I also threw in some chopped jalepeno. In the end, it came out pretty good. Rather tasty! :) I had also made a lemon poppy seed cake.

Later, I went over to a friend's place. We went over a map to figure out what trail to lay for the Hash tomorrow. I think we came up with a good trail for both runners and walkers. It covers quite a bit of area. I hope he can make it to the Hash. In any case, the temps tomorrow shouldn't be too bad. It's good to get out and get some fresh air.

I did manage to take a few pics today:
Big mountain of snow

That was quite a bit of snow that fell yesterday...

Anyway.. I think I might try to go to bed "early" tonight. :-p

No comments: