Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sometimes...

Sometimes I really wonder what the heck is going on in my head. Last week, I was in such a state that I didn't know what to think about anything any more. I really wonder if it isn't because I have been running on approx 4-5 hrs of sleep most nights for the past month and a half? I think there was a study done on the effects of sleep deprivation. I probably have been slowly depriving myself of sleep. :-p

Well, I hope this lack of sleep will come to an end soon. My Tuesday evening classes will come to an end soon. I have 3 more weeks of the Wednesday night class. And tonight's class was number 4 with 6 more to go. I think I was crazy to do this! :-p

I'm doing it to myself again tonight. I've been home since a little after 10. It's now about 11:30PM and I have not gone to bed yet. I even told myself I would go straight to bed when I got home. I wonder if the computer and the Internet aren't to blame. I find them such easy distractions.

Meanwhile, there have been some interesting posts on Matthew Good's website. Dale Mugford's post was most interesting. I hadn't realized what the significance of it was until I found out it was International Women's Day (or week). The post also reminded me of when my sister used to work at a county correctional institute in Massachusetts. I forget how long ago this was. I think she was also working on her Master's at the time. In any case, I remember her telling me about how she has regular group sessions with these mostly big, burly guys who were there doing time for committing some sort of crime against women. She had mentioned that some of the men continue to deny that they did anything wrong. It almost seemed that there was no way to get these guys to admit that what they did was wrong at all. I give my sister a lot of credit to take on such a job. She's not a terribly big person. And I'm sure some of these guys do tr to use their physical size to try to intimidate my sis as well. However, knowing how tough my sister is, I don't think she ever waivered. Of course, I'm sure there was armed security nearby!

Anyway, enough for now...

No comments: