Friday, August 03, 2007

TGIF!

Another week has come and gone. This week, I think I've made some progress in how I've been feeling and stuff. Diet-wise, despite a couple of uhm, "bad" choices I think I did alright. The only issue is that I think I need to adjust to the portions. Today I had a serving of black beans and rice and a salad. I finished that off with a yogurt. A couple of hours later I was feeling hungry again. I did bring a chewy bar which I did eventually eat. I think around 3:30 I went down to the cafeteria and got myself a plain egg salad sandwich on whole wheat. That and the bar tied me over for a while.

Meanwhile, I nearly had a complete anxiety attack this afternoon just before leaving work. Why? I had a coffee date at 5:30. I was nearly freaking out! I tried to do some deep slow breathing. I think that sorta helped. In any case, at least I didn't fall over or anything from that. I managed to make it to the meeting place, albeit slightly late. But he was still there. He got me a coffee drink. We sat down and we just started to talk. We covered a variety of subjects. Before we knew it, it was already 8. We decided to go grab a bite to eat. We went over to a small sushi place. Ordered a 20 piece set. We continued to talk. I think we talked until they pretty much kicked us out. I think it was close to 10 by then. He walked me to the metro station, which I thought was nice. Chatted some more. He asked if I was interested in perhaps getting together again for dinner or something. I said sure. He already had my cell so I gave him my email. Then we parted.

Overall, I think it went well. He seems like a nice guy. So I guess we'll see how this goes.

No comments: