Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 35, Monday

Another work week begins. The cat wakes me up minutes before my alarm goes off. I hate this, but I manage to ignore the cat until my alarm actually goes off. Even then, I don't get up right away. The bed is so nice and comfy. I also want to keep my eyes closed for just a little longer. Eventually, I had to get up.

I had a dentist appointment this morning. It was a good thing I decided to call for an appointment last week after one of my molars exhibited some sensitivity to cold stuff. As it turned out, and I think I mentioned this already, a small filling fell out yesterday afternoon while I was munching on some Wheat Thins. It was rather annoying feeling that hole in my tooth. I ended up chewing my food on the right side last night.

The trip to the dentist was relatively painless. Well, except for when he injected the Novacaine, or whatever it is they use these days to freeze up the area around which they plan to work on. It's been a long while since I last had a filling done. It seems that there are new materials and methods used for fillings now. Instead of that silvery metallic stuff, my dentist used this polymer instead. Rather interesting. It's also colored like your tooth so it doesn't look like you have a filling there. Nice. In the end, the filling cost about $138. thank goodness my insurance covered 100% of that. :p

Meanwhile, some random thoughts run through my mind this morning. Maybe it's the romantic in me, but sometimes I wonder if I will somehow bump into someone and there's a spark somewhere. Yeah, I think it's just the romantic in me. It's the kind of stuff that you would normally see in the movies or read about in paperback novels. Just how often do these chance encounters really happen in real life without some sort of "assistance"?

There are days when I'm a little bummed out over my current status. That usually doesn't last very long as I will eventually get distracted by something I need to work on or some other thing. Most of the time, I'm alright, really. I figure that as long as I am happy with myself and content to do my own thing, then what have I really got to worry? I have a few good friends that I can hang out with from time to time. I'm constantly trying to find ways to improve myself either mentally or physically. OK, so there will be days when I slack off, but I do make the effort.

Elsewhere, I got a message from a guy I had taken some classes with at Concordia. I'm a little hesitant to sign up for classroom courses again, but maybe just one course might be doable. I'm looking at the Intro to Flash to start with. Looks interesting. It's being taught by an instructor I've had before. The time is right. Today is also the last day for early registration. I'll probably make a decision after lunch.

No comments: