Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 35, Tuesday

I came across this article. For some reason it's not too surprising, although I remember seeing a programming on the fattening of American and how they focused on Texas. It also evokes images of Boss Hogg from The Dukes of Hazard. You might argue about stereotypes, but when the evidence is right in front of you, then what?

I remember there was a discussion once about the health care system in the US and Canada. I sided with preventative medicine based on what I believe is that if you can catch it early on, it would cost less in the long run to treat. This is versus if you sat on something until it's so obvious you have to do something about it that it would end up costing more to treat. I think that when it comes to obesity, making the effort early on to change habits and to shed the excess weight will probably cost less further down the road. Of course, this goes without saying that this would also require educating people on the benefits of better diet and habits.

No comments: