Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 34, Friday!

This is the Quote of the Day that came up on my iGoogle page:
I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
- Dan Quayle

Rather scary, don't you think?

So the guys (2 of them) came over last night to help me with my dryer. We pulled it out so that we can access the duct. It didn't look too blocked up. I realized that I could open up the part where the lint filter goes in. I opened it, took a look and saw quite a bit of build-up there, but it wasn't totally blocked up. I cleaned that out as well. R took the grill off on the back of the dryer. It looked clear there as well. We threw in a wet towel I had just laundered to see how it ran. After about 10 minutes, we could see that there was air blowing out from the duct. But occasionally we'd hear some hesitation from another fan somewhere. We reconnected the duct and put the dryer back in place. We ran the dryer again. The top of the dryer felt quite a bit hotter than before. I pulled the dryer out a little and the duct connecting to the dryer popped off. D'oh! In any case, the dryer was still getting a bit too hot.

Putting the closet door back in properly took a good half hour. For some reason the screw to secure the top hinge required a lot of torque to properly tighten.

Meanwhile, after all that, it seems that something inside the dryer might be broken or malfunctioning. R and K want to come back another time to open up the dryer to have a look. I said, not tonight! So I guess I'll have plan for the next adventure in appliance repair!

No comments: