Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day

Okay.. so after seeing my folks of early this morning, I went straight back to bed and slept until about 9. Yeah, I really took it easy this morning. After finally getting up and showering, I found the courage to call this guy to see if he was up for some coffee. We chatted for maybe a half hour before settling on a time and place. We agreed on 3:30PM. So between then and when I had to leave, I managed to get a load of laundry done and make a quick bite to eat. Then I headed off.

So I met up with him at the designated spot. Hmm, not exactly quite what I expected, but let's see where this goes. We walked a bit before finding a place for a coffee. I ordered an iced cafe latte, he a black coffee. We sat down and before he drank his coffee he "blessed" it. He blessed as in to enhance the flavor and "life force" in it. Now this did cock an internal eyebrow with me, but being the sort of person that I am, I kinda went "okay...". He asked if it freaked me out. I said no, but that it was different. Honestly, it takes quite a bit to freak me out. However, even if something didn't freak me out it doesn't mean that it might not bother me somehow.

After we chatted for a while at the coffee place, we went for a bit of a walk and chatted some more. He said he felt a little hungry and thought that some ice cream would be nice. We found one place but the line up was long. I said I remembered that there was or should be another ice cream over yonder. We find an ice cream place and got some ice cream. When we sat down to eat, again he blessed his ice cream. Hrmmm...

Well, by the time we finished it was time to head back. He still needed to swing by this natural food store before it closed. He also needed to take care of feeding his cat too. I guess it's just as well, because I don't know what I would have done if he took the metro all the way up. I parked at work, but anyway...

Uhm... I don't really think this guy is for me honestly.. Nothing against people exploring spirituality and stuff, but that's not something that floats my boat if I were to date someone. That's one things that for sure I'd have issues with on that level. Anyway... back to the drawing board.

No comments: