Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reflections at 5AM in the Morning

So I login to the site because some 52 year old sent me a message there yesterday. While I was there I find that he has signed on recently and changed his handle. *sigh* My heart sank for a moment. It's strange that I just watched Serendipity last night. I know it's just a movie, but sometimes you do wonder about fate and destiny. Was something meant to be or not. Maybe I did have some lingering doubts in the back of my mind. Perhaps I was starting to feel a little bit desperate to find somebody. However, in the end, if something just wasn't feeling quite right, or if there was something I was not ready to make a compromise for, well then...

In any case, at times like these, I'm glad I can rely on the wisdom of my friends to help unmuddle my oft-muddled head. I suppose there's not much to do but to go back to square one. Maybe I should just stay there. Or maybe I should consult the magic 8-ball? Ah yes! Put my life and future into the hands of a sphere filled with water and generic answers to all of life's questions. I think not.

Someone, I think, worded it rather well: "not knowing what you want makes it hard to know what to do." I think I need to know what I want. If I don't know what I want then I don't know what I'm looking for, am I? Sometimes I wonder if I'm just not a hopeless cause in these sort of things.

If I know me, I'll be pre-occupied with this whole episode until someone proverbially slaps me around and gets me to snap out of it. Meanwhile, I feel a little overwhelmed at times...

No comments: