Saturday, September 01, 2007

I think I scared off a guy once...

... with this reply to a message he sent:

I totally understand what you mean about the pressure. When you put pressure on yourself, you end up not being who you really are which is not fair for either party.

I find that I tend to be a sort of "go with the flow" and "let's see what happens next" type of person. It could be because I am in no hurry. I'm not trying to find somebody for the sake of finding someone. I'm not out to find someone because my biological clock is telling me to. I'm content to take my time in finding the right person.

As for whether there's chemistry or clicking between two people, how can you really tell in 5 minutes if it's going to work or not? Perhaps the other person is nervous or is at a loss for words? The formula may not work for everyone. For instance, I know that I tend to be quiet at first when I meet someone (anyone for that matter) until I know the person a bit more and then would I open myself up more. At least, that's how I operate.

Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but I wonder sometimes just how we know if we're truly compatible or not with another person. I don't think it's an exact science. When it comes to matters of the heart, I don't think it's something that can easily be quantified.

There will always be risks to take in life, both major and minor. Life would be rather boring if one were able to take full control of it. ;-)

No comments: