Monday, September 24, 2007

Sometimes...

I think I need to have my head examined. Why, you might ask? I think at times I get a little neurotic and anxious over things. I think I tend to over-think and over-analyze things to the point where it just drives me a bit batty. Depending on the subject matter it could very well take a hit on the ol' self-esteem.

That said, let's re-cap this weekend's activities.

So Sunday morning, I finally got up at some point and made the usual trip to get some groceries. When I got home he had signed on. So we chatted for a bit before he had to leave to run a few errands before we met up at 2. I had a little bit of lunch before heading out. I got to the movie theatre at just a little before 2PM. I waited for a bit. I eventually took a seat somewhere not knowing how long he might be. I figure if he had to run over to the other side of town it might take him a little while to get over here. He showed up at about 2:15PM. He sincerely apologized his tardiness. He didn't think it would take so long. I jokingly said I would have given him until 2:20PM. So we got tickets and went in for the 2PM showing. I think we only missed the first few minutes. In any case, the movie was good. We both enjoyed it. Outside the cinema, I made a comment about musicals. He commented back something about Buffy. I knew what he was talking about and said that I missed seeing the singing episode. He mentioned that he liked the episode "Hush". I said that I did as well even though it was one very creepy episode. With regards to the singing episode, he said he has the soundtrack on his iPod. I said I would rather see the whole episode. He said he might be able to track down that episode.

Anyway, after the movie, we went for some ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. Then we walked over to a park and just sat for a while talking. It was a really nice day. We observed the odd behavior of a squirrel. We weren't sure what was up with it. Was it mentally deficient or ill? In any case, we agreed that nature will take its course. Anyway, I guess at some point it was time to head home. We got on the metro. The guy sitting in front of us started to behave rather oddly so we changed our seats. We continued to talk. Then we were at his stop and he had to get off. For some reason, I felt like, "Aww. You have to go now?" After that, I can't explain it but I kinda felt a bit bummed. I really don't know why.

This is where the over-thinking kicks in. I start to think about what he has said and done. Then I wonder about what I've said and done. At any one point was something said or done that could have flushed the whole thing? I dunno. This is what's driving me mad. And I *KNOW* that I have been over-thinking. Oftentimes this sort of behavior is difficult to stop. I know I need to get a grip and just let things happen as they may. In any case, it's one of those times when you just want to pound your head against something hard because you feel like a total idiot. Maybe I did say something stupid, or maybe not. I'm not exactly one to carefully choose my words. Oftentimes, I just blurt things out. Then realize afterwards, OY! What did I just say???

Agh! I guess I will just have to just take a deep breath and continue. I feel like such a n00b at times. %-p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, you think way too much.

Relax, and have fun.

boobookitty said...

Yes.. It's been confirmed. I do think way too much. ;-)

All is right with the world for the moment.