Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Midweek Ponderings

Well, maybe I don't have a whole lot to ponder. Uhm... But then again, maybe I do.

I start my "Intro to Flash" course tonight. I figure I should get myself into a classroom environment and learn something useful. I really don't know just how useful, but you never know. My current job does not have an immediate need for Flash. However, this does not mean that I can't build up my skills and such. Who knows, perhaps somewhere down the line there will be a need for some Flash!

My O'Reilly on-line course is somewhat stalled. It's mostly my fault as I have been allowing myself to get distracted by things and not focusing on completing the courses. Shame on me!

Last night's cardio workout was pretty good. This time I decided to wear my Polar heart-rate monitor to see how I'm doing. I think at some point the HR peaked at about 171!! Otherwise, it seemed to be averaging around 165-167. I wasn't totally sure if that was too high or not. This morning, I checked on the Polar website and it gave you 3 different zones depending on what the goal is. The range that I was working in last night puts me in the "Improve Athletic Ability" zone. I guess that's still ok. It's considered 80+% of the maximum heart rate. I think I would much rather be in the "Improve Aerobic Ability" zone. In any case, I would just need to pace myself. If I'm feeling good then I'll work harder to keep up with the group.

Well, it seems that I will be meeting up with someone after my class tonight. So far it looks good. However, being the cynical type that I am, I seem to have some self-doubts as to how this will go. Baaah! I'll just try to go with the flow!

No comments: