Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oh! The Pain!

I went to my cardio class this morning. Even though this was just my second class, I could feel a few things loosening up. At the same time, I could also feel a few things have stiffened up as well! Needless to say, there were times when the front of my thighs were screaming, "No! No more! Stop that!". The good news about today's workout is that I did not find myself slowing down as much as the first class. I'm still sort of uncoordinated with some of the moves, but it's improving.

My arms are another story altogether. The first class we did some bicep and tricep curls. I didn't realize just how much effort was put into it until I woke up this morning. Perhaps it's because my left arm is the weaker arm that it felt the after-effects of that workout more than the right. Strangely enough, when we did the exercises today, they didn't really hurt too much.

I had the foresight to bring a banana with me to eat after the class was over. For breakfast I had a yogurt and a trail mix bar. That seemed sufficient for the morning's activities. After the class, I went over to MEC to have a look at their stuff. I didn't want to stop home first because I figure I would not leave once I got home.

At MEC, I picked up a Black Diamond headlamp, a short-sleeved shirt, a long-sleeved shirt, a bunch of Clif bars, and a waist-pack with bottle holder. The headlamp is for Tuesday's evening class. Sometimes the trails are a bit dark. It wasn't a terribly expensive one, but it does the job. Oh, I also bought a new tail light for the bike. The other one wasn't properly secured and fell off on the way home at some point. :-/

In other news, I haven't heard from a particular fellow since Wednesday. I'm wondering if I should drop him a quick note saying hi or something. *sigh* Technically, it's suppose to be his turn to write back. I hate dealing with these little nuances that are all part of the so-called mating rituals... :p

No comments: