Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back on the market...

It's interesting how being back on the dating scene is sometimes referred to as being back on the market. It seems to give the connotation that we're pieces of flesh put out to be shown and sold. The meat market, so to speak.

So it's been officially 2 weeks since the breakup. I have started to peruse the dating sites. Since I don't frequent bars and clubs, I don't have too many alternatives. And where exactly have I been looking for "fresh meat"? The usual suspects: Lavalife, Match.com, date.com.

They each have they're way to hook you, reel you, then take your credit card number. Each site has their own "system".

On Lavalife, you buy credits to use towards either IM'ing or mailing a person of interest. There is no monthly fee. The initiator pays for the IM or mail. The receiver does not have to spend any credits. IM sessions are timed. Mails can be replied to as many times as you want. I find this most convenient, because you're not committing yourself to a whole month if you don't need a month to find your true love (or flavor of the week).

On the other sites it's all pretty much the same. A monthly subscription is required if you want to communicate with any person of interest. You can send winks or smiles to as many people you like, but that's about as much communication you can do for free.

Sometimes, you see the same people on the different sites. I find it most interesting if I see someone I recognize!!! :-o

Anyway, let the hunt begin! ;-)

No comments: