Monday, July 31, 2006

Music That Define a Moment

Over the weekend I was re-discovering some music I have. In this case, it's the band Too Much Joy.

The first and only time I saw them perform was in the summer of 1991. I had just split from L and I was feeling a bit rebellious and carefree. That day I was out with some friends and had just bought a leather biker-style jacket. It was something that I had wanted for some time. I had also picked up some CDs which I managed to keep in the inside pocket of the jacket. It's funny how one remembers such details.

Later that evening, we went over to T.T. the Bear's Place to catch a show. I think it was Galaxy 500 that opened. Then on came Too Much Joy. The one thing I remember was the singer coming out in a wrestler/bondage mask. In any case, it was a really cool show. I really had a good time. Oh to be young and carefree again! :-)

No comments: