Monday, July 17, 2006

What Do Men Want? And What Do I want?

After having perused the various online dating sites for about two and a half weeks, I am beginning to wonder what it is that men want? This is what I've seen so far:

  • The younger men seem interested in older women thinking that they might be sexually frustrated and feel that they can be of "service".

  • The older men seem interested in younger women because, I guess, they just want a much younger woman.

  • The men closer to my age? Well, they just seem more fussy or are into something, uhm, unconventional.


So where are the normal guys out there? By normal, I mean, not having some bizarre quirk or fetish. I'm thinking more along the lines of boy meets girl, they fall in love, yada yada yada. I don't think I'm asking for too much here. I guess it's the romantic side speaking.

As for me, I know I'm not some hot looking babe. I consider myself rather average. I can't be that bad if I have had boyfriends in the past. I would like someone to like me for who I am and not what I am. That's not too much to ask is it?

And what exactly do I want? I would like to find a nice, honest fella. Someone you can have great conversations with. Someone you can confide in and vice versa. Someone to share both the good and bad times with. Someone who is supportive of you and you of him. Someone for whom the feelings are there every day (and vice versa). Okay, so the guy should at least be easy on the eyes too. ;-)

Anyway... I guess I could just dream for a while...

No comments: