Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shopping Spree - Sort of

Somewhat inspired to get on with my life and to continue certain active pursuits, I went to MEC today. And what did I get?

CycleOps Megneto trainer
Filzer Wireless Cycle Computer
MEC Spirit Velo Daypack
MEC Cycling Tank

Whew! I better check my bank account after this one.

Anyway, I managed to put together the trainer after having some issues with the carriage bolt that would secure the mag to the frame. Eventually, I managed to figure it out. Now the trainer is assembled. The next trick is to change the rear skewer on the bike with the one that comes with the trainer, otherwise, I can't mount it. :-p

With some fuss (again) I managed to mount the new cycle computer onto the Bianchi. Placing the transmitter on the fork of the bike was a bit tricky due to the shape of the fork. In any case, I think it's on alright now.

I am a bit bummed I can't try out the trainer yet until I get the skewer changed. I hope I can get that done soon.

No comments: