Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chill-out Sunday

Just some usual stuff today: groceries, laundry. These are things that still need to be done whether I like it or not.

I made another trip to MEC today. What did I get this time? A rear fender to keep my *ss dry when the roads are wet. Another pair of cycling shorts. A spare tube for the road bike. A Filzer multi-tool thingy. A Polar F4. A couple pair of cycling socks. Another sports bra. And a cycling top that's got a cool image of a bike gear printed on it. I have to stop making these trips to MEC...

The rest of the afternoon, I just sorta chilled. Took a short nap. Read the paper. Rather boring, but it's quiet and calming. Currently, I'm listening to etn.fm's progressive station. Some nice mellow tunes right now.

So on a day like today, I try not to think too much about anything at all. Sometimes, you just need to clear your mind of some things and focus on the more mundane things. This way, there is some sense of stability and normalcy in life.

Before you know it, the weekend will be over and then it's back to work. :-p

I will have to try to get more riding in this week. I will prob use the trainer tomorrow morning. I will try to ride to work the rest of the week. I know I can keep up with this regimen!

No comments: