Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quotes and Self-Esteem

"What came first - the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music? Do all those records turn you into a melancholy person?" - High Fidelity

If the world of dating allowed the use of references, I'd probably have them lining up at the door! However, I don't think it works that way. So far, from both male and female friends, I am receiving wonderful, supportive comments. It certainly helps to keep the ol' self-esteem up and running!

"But you are a prize girl! Every thing I would like in a girl, I know you aren't the L word. As a guy I would have wanted someone exactly like you. Computer geek, smart, cute, funny and I am sure lovable! What else could any one want? ... Remember, you are one hell of a catch and you will get caught again if you are open to it." - B

What do you do with such glowing references? Too bad you can't use them as you would in a job application! :-D

Anyway, in other things, I hope I haven't scared off a particular person of interest. I know he's pretty busy, so I really don't expect his undivided attention. There's no sense in going in that direction until we actually meet. But I don't want to indirectly expect some sort of commitment. Hmm, must remind myself to go slow and take it easy. Little baby steps. :-)

No comments: