Friday, July 28, 2006

Mid-day Musings

To date, I've lost nearly 10 pounds. This is all within the past 5 weeks. It might be a bit much for such a short period of time, but under the circumstances, the initial weight loss is explainable.

How to maintain and continue the weight loss? I am determined now to continue on the right track to getting into shape. Recently, I had bought the trainer for the road bike. As well, I have been trying to ride into work as much as possible. If, for some reason, I do not or cannot, then I will put time on the trainer. I think this extra effort is starting to show. My legs are starting to become more toned. I am maintaining the weight lost as well as trying to lose more. I feel I have more strength and endurance. The only thing left to correct is my lack of sleep. :-p

On top of all this, I am also trying maintain smaller portions for meals. I am still trying to eat healthy. I avoid buying junk food at home (at work I might get the occasional candy bar). I've also been drinking a lot of water.

Every so often I consult my brother if I have any questions about activities or diet. Being the athlete that he is, he's quite knowledgable in this stuff.

Seven hours before date...

No comments: