Saturday, July 01, 2006

Resilience and Recovery

Well, I ended up calling the folks on Thursday and letting them know what happened. I talked to Mom on the phone and sent my sister an email I had drafted. Mom was relatively calm and asked if I was okay. Later that evening however, both she and my sister came charging out with all sorts of stuff. "Did you change the locks?" "Did you get rid of all his stuff?" And on and on and on....

Anyway, I find it hard to explain to them my feelings and reasons for my actions. There seems to be a lot of contradiction in what's happening, but everything is under control. Despite what he's done, he won't come into the house unless he contacted me first. At least he respects my space. The next challenge is when he is ready to take everything out. He mentioned that she would be there to help. I already expressed my opinion on that. That is that she will not step foot into my home. He tried to plead. I said that we will speak about it when the time comes. He may have stepped all over my heart, but I will not let her step into my home. That much I know.

Other than that, I guess Mom convinced my brother and Dad to come up here for the weekend. This is fine by me. I can deal with Dad and bro. But if it were Mom and sis? Get me outta here!!!

Anyway, pretty tired right now. I think all the stress is taking a toll. At least I am now sleeping through most of the night. Some appetite has come back.

No comments: