Monday, January 08, 2007

Music for my sanity...

It's funny but true.

I think that to a certain extent if it weren't for music, I would probably just go nuts. I really need to have something to listen too.

In the past 6 months I have been listening to a variety of things. I have also noticed that I would listen to one particular artist or type of music repeatedly for a period of time before I switch to something else. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I think it's just the way the music happens to reflect my overall mood of that time.

Some stuff I've listened to a lot these past few months:

- Pixies
- Alanis Morissette
- Tragically Hip
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Matthew Good (most recently)
- various electronica (this actually hasn't changed much)

Lately, I have really been enjoying listening to the acoustic tracks on Matthew Good's In A Coma album. There's something to be said about acoustic guitar. Aside from that I seem to have developed a liking for his Avalanche album. There are some good tracks on that one.

No comments: