Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekend Recovery

Well, I really did not intend on it. Sort of. But, I went to MEC yesterday and bought some stuff. What did I buy? I bought: a Swiss Army knife (sport), a pair of gloves, some merino wool socks ($7.50/pair!), a Timex watch, a pink Nalgene bottle, and some Clif bars. I was hoping to find one of those high-tech, super-warm fleeces, but they didn't have what I wanted. I saw a pair of winter mocs (Merrell Cold Front), but they didn't have my size. :-p Just as well.

I had wanted to start disseminating my C++ assignment, but realized that the Library folder that the instructor referred to in class was not in any of the zipfiles that he had sent me. I emailed him last night about it. No reply yet. :-/ I guess I'll try to see how I can break down the problem for coding.

Today was not overly productive either. :-p I had wanted to do some picking up around the place, but not too much got picked up. I've still got a bit to do before next weekend's soiree.

Bluesh*t has really been vocalizing a lot lately. I really can't quite figure out other than perhaps he's trying to call out to Finster to come out. Of course, this is not going to happen. There are moments when I almost expect to see Finster curled up in a particular spot. Sometimes I almost think I see a dark blob somewhere. I can almost picture him lounging somewhere nearby. That's the thing about Finster. He's almost always in the same room as I am. Even when the other two have decided to go nap in the pet bed upstairs, Finster is still here or nearby. I'll miss his presence.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to beat back a possible cold. It's just a little bit of sniffling, but you know how sniffles can easily bloom into a full-blown cold! :-p So I have been taking some Cold FX and Emergen-C. So far, so good. Now I just need to get some extra sleep. I think I managed to sleep a bit more this weekend, but I still feel a bit tired...

No comments: