Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter wonderland...

Not!

It goes without saying that with significant snowfall (anything above a few cm) that everything gets thrown into some level of chaos.

Take for example my trek from work to the vet. I figure I should leave somewhat early and I did. I left the office at around 15:40. I arrived at the vet's office around 16:30. With no traffic and no snow I should get there in about 10-15 minutes.

There were no traffic issues on the way home. However, when I got to my driveway, that was another story. The contractor had come by at some point to clear the driveway. That was okay. Then, it seems that the city plows might have come by to do the street. well, it seems that a small snow bank formed in front of the driveway. I miscalculated the height of the mound. I tried to drive through it and got stuck. :-p Thankfully, a passerby was kind enough to help dig me out of that situation! So, in the end I finally got home at about 17:00.

Today is another story. It's downright frigid!! I wonder if we are getting the January deep freeze now. It's suppose to get down to about -22C tonight. Of course that's not factoring in any windchill. And I have class tonight on top of it all. However, my second class was cancelled tonight. Whew! That means I can go home after the first class ends at 20:00. Yay!

I have really got to get some reading done. I tried last night but I guess I just let myself get distracted. Tonight I really should try to read a bit. I tuess that means trying not to read in front of the computer. :-D

I guess I am a closet procrastinator. I know I should get something done, but I am letting myself get distracted. I've really got to stop that...

No comments: