Saturday, January 06, 2007

Untitled

Okay... Another rip-roaring exciting Saturday. ;-)

Wanting to save some money and energy, I decided that it would be a good idea to replace what incandescent bulbs I have with the energy saving ones. So I had earlier bought some that were equivalent to 60 watts. I changed what light fixtures that used 60 watts with the energy-saving ones. The floor lamp in the livingroom, however, used 100watt. I had to go out today to look for and buy ones for 100watt.

The problem arose when I wanted to change the ones in the bedroom. It seems that both light fixtures (ceiling mount) are on dimmers. According to the package, these energy-saving bulbs cannot be used with dimmers. Darn!

So now, if I want to use the energy-saving bulbs, I will have to change the dimmers to regular switches.

Cover removed

Thankfully, it looks like it should be an easy task since the 2 dimmers are seperately connected. It looks like this might be a small weekend project in the near future.

In the meantime, my blah-ness from yesterday seems to have subsided somewhat. I don't know why I feel like this at times. I wonder if it isn't a mild case of depression or something. I've noticed that on occasion that what goes on during the day has an impact on the overall mood. I don't think I am experiencing any extreme mood swings either. I will have to try to keep an eye on myself. I'm sure others around me would notice if something is amiss.

First Hash of the year for me tomorrow! Officially, it's the 2nd one of the year as there was one this past Monday that I did not go to. Oh well. I had mentioned the hash to someone at work. I hope he goes since it's not very far from where he lives.

Next week, I might be haring the hash with someone. I think. Never hared a hash before so this would be my first. I hope the weather is good for next weekend as well!

No comments: