Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend almost over...

So I went out and bought groceries. I think that came out to about $80 worth. I plan on making some ma-po tofu for dinner tonight. That should provide me with leftovers for a couple of lunchs. Tomorrow I plan to prepare chili in the slow cooker. That should take care of the balance of the week. I know it might seem a bit boring, but since I will be in class two evenings a week, I need all the time savings I can. As well, it's nice to have something ready for lunch or dinner as needed.

Otherwise, I think I am really starting to dread the winter blues. This past week has been pretty rough in that department. All I want to do is sleep. I don't feel too motivated to get much else done. It's really bad! I think when I continue my reading this afternoon, it will have to be away from this desk. The computer is just too much of a temptation and distraction. An easy way to procrastinate. When they start to give out the assignments, I want to be ready to tackle them. I don't want to be caught with my proverbial pants down. :-p

I am trying hard to ensure that my personal life and moods do not impact life at work. I think it's important to make that distinction. But the tiredness from the winter blues is really not helping any. I know that this coming week will be very busy for me at work. I know there are things I need to accomplish. My team leader will also be on vacation. Oooh! It might actually be a stressful week! I haven't had one of those in ages!

That's another thing. I seem to perform better under stress than not. I suppose that the pressure to get something done triggers something in me. It gets my thought processes going. I think my mind needs to be going a hundred miles a minute. I find that when I am not stimulated in this way, I am not as alert. It's kind of strange but true. But hey, what can I say? I guess this is how I operate.

No comments: