Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Next Day

Well, I think I feel asleep right away last night. However, I woke up around 4:30AM this morning. I tried to sleep a bit more until the alarm went off at 5:00AM. Yeah, I get up at an insane hour.

I've been trying to keep myself distracted at work. For the most part, it's been working. The only time when it's been difficult is when I talk about or mention Finster to someone. I emailed a friend about it. He had gone through a similar scenario with the family dog. I think that anyone who has ever had a beloved pet would know what I and many others are going through.

I had lunch today with another friend. I had told her about Finster. I'm hoping that she'll have some time Saturday morning to give me some moral support when the deed is done. Worse case is I make sure that I have a box of Kleenex in the car. Thankfully, the vet's office is not that far from home.

I guess the next step is to actually call the vet to make the appointment. I am not looking forward to that. I might do it tomorrow.

It's times like this that make you wish you can suppress your emotions like a Vulcan. But, I guess this is what makes us all human.

No comments: