Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Apple Cake v2.1 - Success?

Well, I left work early enough to get home, have an early dinner and get started on this evening's baking. And here's the resulting Apple Cake v2.1:
Apple Cake V2.1
It's still not quite perfect, but I think it came out better than v2. I haven't tried it yet. I'm contemplating whether or not to bring it to work or to save it for tomorrow evening's condo meeting. Since I had some time, I went ahead and made some brownies. It's just the recipe from the container for Fry's Cocoa. Still, what can you say about brownies made with 2 sticks of butter and 2 cups of sugar?? Oh, did I mention that I threw in a spoonful of ground espresso? :D
Fudgy Brownies
I don't know if the amount of espresso I put it is significant enough to notice, but I guess we'll find out when I bring it in to work! There is a team meeting in the morning and the guy who's turn it is to bring in the treats has been out sick most of the week. I think the brownies will be backup in case he doesn't come in.

The almond biscotti I made last night were a hit. My team leader preferred the harder hazelnut ones, but these were still good. I think during the holidays I will make a batch of both kinds and ship some off to my Marine friend. And anyone else who likes homemade baked goods. :-)

I still haven't gotten around to making the gingerbread cookies! Hmph! Those definitely take more time since the dough needs to firm up in the fridge before you can roll and cut them. The fun part is decorating the cookies afterwards... Gingerbread people for adults... Okay, nuff said.
Birth Place of Baked Goods and Other Edibles
To some extent, I am amazed at times that I am able to do much at all in my kitchen. The layout of the counter space is very inefficient. Nevertheless, I made do with what I have. :-)

Alright, time to put away the baked goods before they get molested by roaming cats! :-p

No comments: