Tuesday, December 05, 2006

:-p

I guess I just seem to be in one of those moods today. I don't know why. Work today was okay. While the knowledgable ones were working on a problem, I felt a little helpless and tried to find other things to work on. Miraculously I managed to kill 8 hours today. Just don't ask me what I did exactly.

I've decided that I would like to take a photography course. Someone recommended Dawson College (yes, the same one where the shooting took place). They have a pretty good reputation for the artsy stuff. Their Cont Ed department does offer some courses in the area of photography. The course Camera Basics sounds like it's right up my alley. There is also the Digital Photography I, but that is on the same night as my other courses at Concordia. I haven't registered yet as registration doesn't start until next week. This should give me a chance to think about it and maybe ask around.

In the meantime, I spent a few bucks at IKEA today. I was getting tired of the 2 black bedside lamps I have. They're the type that turn on/off at the base. I found this one, which I thought was cute and about the right size. Also picked up some more candles, vanilla-scented tea lights, and christmas lights.

Kiwi. This one brought a tear to my eye. I think it was very well done. It's awfully darn cute. And I just don't want to know what happens in the end. Kiwi was happy...

Being in such a mood, I am just finding it frustrating to visit any of *those* sites this evening. Maybe I am a little frustrated by the whole process. I don't know. In any case, I just did not bother to spend much time on those sites tonight. Instead, I worked at devising a way to hang up the xmas lights by the window. They're a drape-style type of xmas lights. I don't have curtain rods on my windows (all blinds). But, I found that using extra long twist-ties (the ones that come with the large garbage bags) did the trick! How? I basically wrapped the twist tie around the top thingy of the blinds. With that, I can hang the lights from it. :-) I'll see if I can take a photo to better illustrate what I did. I guess that was the engineer in me trying to find a solution to a problem.

No comments: