Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Day

Well, it's not quite 9AM here. The whole house is pretty quiet. I guess I like the fact that things are relatively low-key here during the holidays. I personally don't usually like to make a big deal about the holidays. Keep things simple, I say.

Of course, with the events of this past year, one tends to do some reflection. I'm no different.

Today marks 6 months since he left. How do I feel? Well, a hell of a whole lot better than I did 6 months ago! Really, I don't think I feel the pain as much. I won't deny that I don't think about it from time to time, but I don't dwell on it. I think my actions to get and keep myself from getting into a deep, dark funk has helped tremendously. I know that I have a few good friends I can trust. I know that there is still life after personal upheavals.

Without trying to sound too corny, it's lke a small plant that was accidentally stepped on. But with some strength and nurturing, it's able to spring back. It might still have some signs of the steppage, but it will survive.

I think in general, this year has been rough for a number of people. I know for a fact that at work, a few of the guys have gone through their own personal crises. They seem to be handling it pretty good for the most part. I guess being able to keep work seperate from your personal life helps to maintain some focus and semblance if sanity.

That aside... I think my Mom wanted to go to the mall or something with me later. I'm like, "What? Go to the mall on Christmas Eve? Are you f*cking nuts?" Well, I didn't say that to Mom, but my brother told me and I sort of said that to him. :-)

Well, I've already exercised my rights as a consumer yesterday. I think the next time I venture out shopping it might be Wednesday...

No comments: